Friday, April 16, 2004
 
She's Back!
Picked my mom up at the airport and went to The Tides in Nahant for a late lunch.

The Tides is a restaurant that's at the entrance to Nahant. It's been there forever. It was The Dosckside for a while, but two years ago, the manager bought it from The Dockside guys and turned it back into The Tides.

It was the first time my mom had been to the beach this year!

You'd think that if you had spent the winter in Florida you'd have been able to get to a beach, but my mom was too busy doing Florida things like finding early bird dinners in storefront restaurants.

I had a Widmer Hefeweizen, which the waitress couldn't pronounce and when delivered, was totally opaque. It was so cloudy I thought a storm was brewing in my glass. On the Widmer web site they say:
A golden unfiltered wheat beer that is truly cloudy and clearly superb.
Ha ha. A play on words.


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger