Tuesday, August 24, 2004
 
How to put a link on someone's mail
My mom wanted me to look an interesting web page, but didn't know how to send it to me.

I tried to tell her how to copy and paste the link, but she hasn't learned copy and paste yet.

So I figured out an easier way to do it on the Mac, you just click on the URL and drag it into the body of your email.

It's easy to say, but harder to do if you're 79 years old and an internet newbie.

The problem was that when you are viewing the web page, your email is hidden.

You've got to be able to view two windows at a time to be able to drag and drop the URL from one to the other.

Getting two windows on the screen at the same time requires you to click on the title bar of the browser window and drag it down until the email window is visible.

Then you can click on the URL and drag it into the body of your email.

This took a visit over to my Mom's to explain.

Now she can show you how to do it on her new video blog entry, How to put a link on someone's mail: The Movie [ QuickTime 2.8 MB ]


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger