Monday, October 04, 2004
 
HOW TO WIN A CONTEST
Summer vacations for the Garfields meant a week at Grand Lake Lodge in Lebanon, Conn. We went there for many years so the owners knew us very well and were gracious hosts and treated us like family. My son was very young at the time and asked us if the owners were our relatives.

Many of our friends and their families joined us every year so between the couples, their children and other guests, we knew a lot of people.

One night at the social hall they held a dance contest. I do not know what possessed me but the entertainer asked for volunteers for the cha cha dance competition, I put my hand up! I am an ok dancer but had no business getting involved. He danced with each of the volunteers and then asked the audience to vote. I Won! The reason was not because I was the best dancer, it was because I knew more people in the audience then the other dancers!

"It is not what you know but who you know."

Millie


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger