Saturday, August 06, 2005
DON'T DO WHAT I DID
The other day I made a post about an explosion in my microwave oven. I learned a lesson and will not try to make an egg in there again!
Yesterday morning I was doing little things around the house, had my eyeglasses on and saw some things that I have neglected to do. I will say this, if you do not feel like getting too involved with housework, do not wear your eyeglasses!
I saw dust on my furniture, fingerprints on my kitchen cabinets and a mess on my beloved bedroom telephone. It was a beautiful day for the pool, summer is almost over so I didn't want to tackle all those jobs so I made a decision, "I'll just do the phone."
Remember in the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" they used Windex for everything, me too. I got my paper towels and a bottle of Windex and SPRAYED the phone and wiped it with the paper towel. The phone looked great!!
Late that afternoon, after a great day at the pool I wanted to make a phone call and what do you know, when I started to punch in the numbers, nothing happened!! I quickly went to my kitchen phone, called Radio Shack, explained that I had cleaned my phone with Windex and now the numbers weren't working. The salesperson told me that I should not have used that product on my phone, it caused interior corrosion and I would have to buy a new phone.
The next day I decided to try the phone again, optimist that I am, and what do you know, it worked! But I did learn a lesson, just a damp sponge will do the trick.
Live and Learn!
Comments: Post a Comment