Monday, August 29, 2005
 
IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL
This past weekend I had the pleasure of attending the Bat Mitzvah of a cousin who lives in Burlington, Vermont. Family and friends came from California, New York, New Jersey, Arizona and Massachusetts. It was a wonderful occasion and gave me the opportunity to visit with family members that I have not seen in a while.

Millie and Daughter-in-law CarolDuring the cocktail hour I got to talking to a friend of the family who lives in New York. She in turn introduced me to her son who lives in FLAGSTAFF, ARIZONA! What do you know, that is where I will be going in September with the Senior Summer School group!!

Her son is connected with the United States Observatory in Flagstaff and his wife works at the Lowell Observatory where our group is scheduled to tour. I will make it a point to say hi to her while there.

I have heard that Arizona is hot this time of year but Flagstaff is in the northern part of the state so the weather should be spring like. I also got a tip that the nights can be quite cool, (in the 50's), so I will be packing a few heavier tops then I had originally planned. Wasn't that lucky that our paths crossed!


I have always felt that we are all related somehow and if you talk to someone long enough you will find a connection.

"It's a small world after all!!"

Millie


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger