Thursday, October 20, 2005
 
THINGS I WISH I'D KNOWN
The other day I went through a desk draw and found an old newspaper clipping, I don't know who wrote it, but I can see why I saved it.


1. Any and all compliments can be handled by saying, "Why, thank you!" It helps if you have a Southern accent.

2. Never give yourself a haircut after three margaritas.

3. Never continue to date anyone who is rude to the waiter or doesn't like cats or dogs.

4. The five most essential words for a healthy, long-lasting relationship are, "I apologize," and "You are right."

5. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

6. When you make a mistake, make amends immediately. It's easier to eat crow while it's still warm.

7. The best advice my mother gave me was, "Go! You might meet somebody!"

8. Pick your battles. Will this matter one year from now? One month? One day? Don't sweat the small stuff.

9. Never pass up an opportunity to use the bathroom. It may be your last chance for a long time.

10. Never underestimate the kindness of your fellow man. Most people are better than you think.

11. Work is necessary, but it's not the most important thing.

12. Be nice to your friends. Some day you might want them to visit you in a nursing home.


My favorites are numbers 3, 4, 7, 8, 9 and 12. How about you?

Millie


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger