Sunday, June 18, 2006
 
HOME ALONE
Yesterday afternoon "The Girls" were going to see "The Da Vinci Code." Even though I have been a fan of Tom Hanks for years, ( I first discovered Tom when he was on a TV show called Bossom Buddies ), I was turned off by the reviews and decided to stay home, I was just not in the mood for that type of movie..

In the afternoon I had a chance to finish Terri's book, "Lost Souls of the Witches Castle." One of the things I enjoyed about her book was reading about places I was familiar with. Toward the end of the book two of the main characters have dinner at Rosalie's in Marblehead. Many years ago that was the place to go, fine food and wonderful desserts. I remember going there with my husband and having the most delicious fruit tarts, the restaurant was very plain, you had to go up one flight, but the food was outstanding. I can still see the two of us sitting there and oh'ing and ah'ing about those tarts!

The only movie on TV that night was "The Lady and The Tramp," an animated film made in 1955 about an upper class cocker spaniel and a mutt from the other side of the tracks. Well, I got hooked! What a delightful, heartwarming and humorous fairy tale.

Ronni from over at Time Goes By has been writting about Ollie (the cat) and how he is feeling and adjusting to his new digs and here I was thinking and having feelings about "The Lady and the Tramp."

Spending Saturday home alone turned out to be much more rewarding then going to the movies.


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger