Saturday, February 09, 2008
 
MATERIAL for a MOVIE
The longer I'm here in Florida, the faster the time goes.

PILL BOXES

flickr photo by A. Belani Creative Commons - Attribution-Share Alike 2.0

Before I turn around I have to fill those pill boxes again.

Years ago when I first started taking medication I took one pill that I could take out of the container and I was done. As time went on I needed to take more med's and finally realized it would be easier if I got myself a pill box, and fill it once a week so I wouldn't have to bother opening several containers every day. ( and you know the trouble I have openning things. )

In recent times I've been taking a number of vitamins, some of which are pretty large, For example I'm taking two fish oil capsules every day and they are LARGE. Well, I outgrew my pill box and now I have an additional pill box to accommadate the vitamins.

PICKING UP THE NEWSPAPER

flickr photo by Roxanne Weber Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.0

Instead of going up to the second floor of the condo, where I live, the newspaper delivery person throws the paper up from the ground floor. Most mornings I find the paper right at my door, some mornings the paper is far flung. All this time I did not question where I found my paper so long as it was delivered.

One morning I discovered why the position of the paper varied. Before I check the computer, have coffee or straighten out my hair I open the door to pick up the paper Well, this particular morning low and behold my next door neighbor was placing my paper at my door. She explained that when she goes by and my paper is far afield SHE places it at my door.

I don't know who was more shocked and surprised at that moment. First thing in the morning I don't expect anyone at my door and I certainly don't look like the neighbor that she knows!!

DINING OUT

flickr photo by Locator Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0

One day last week at about 5:00 o''clock I had completed some errands at a local mall. There are some small shops and a restaurant that is very popular with seniors.

This is what I saw: three men using walkers, walking to thier cars accompanied by three ladies carrying doggie bags. I've been telling my friends about what I saw and everyone I tell it to - their first reaction is to laugh. It does strike you funny when you first hear about it but deep down it's sad.

The good thing about what I saw is that these people who eat out so early and use walkers are still out there doing whatever, whenever they can.

If the people who produced Boynton Beach Bereavement Club make a sequel I can supply them with lots of material!


Comments:
Where I live it is women driving cars and husbands as passengers. I guess It is just a fact we face when old age catches up with us.
 
I can relate: Now that mr. kenju can't drive due to his stroke, I drive everywhere. He got used to eating early in the hospital, so now he wants dinner at 5pm (which is a little early for me). I can relate to the pills, too. I have to keep his in 2 separate containers; one for morning and one for evening. I recognize the fish oil pills in that photo!
 
Millie, the first time I visited the USA, I was gobsmacked when I saw a newspaper delivery kid throwing the papers onto the lawns of the houses (as I swept past in my stretch limo). I only thought they did that in the Superman comics of my childhood. The only difference was the papers were wrapped in polythene. Here, the kid comes up the garden path and puts the paper throught he damned letterbox !
 
My newspaper delivery guy drives up in his car and throws throws the newspaper at my stairs. Usually it lands on the sidewalk. This winter there was black ice on the stairs one morning, I didn't see it, and my feet came out from under me, and fell flat on my bum. Hyper extended my knee and that hurt for a long time. The newspaper guys leaves an envelope at times, looking for a tip. So I put a note in the envelope and asked if he could throw the paper up near my front door, at least. The paper still lands o the sidewalk the majority of the time and he never gets any tips in the envelops. TIPS are used To Insure Proper Service. I'm not getting that.
 
Millie
I can relate to your pill photo. I take 5 prescription meds and to "keep us healthy" my husband doles out vitamins every morning.

16 vitamins each day. I still have 8 left to take today.

He thinks it works so I just go along.

:)
 
I have more vitamins than anything else but yeah my scrips are growing. I was just told thatif the treatment I'm to have in the Spring works, I may get to stop taking my thyroid stuff. I hate pills!!!!
 
I'm green with envy that you get to be in Florida during these dreary winter months. How I miss the sun! Colorado is beautiful but it doesn't compare with West Palm Beach. I'm especially melancholy as I've given up driving---My hands and shoulder just aren't up to it. In any case, I enjoy Florida vicariously through you.

I've given up reading the newspaper and get all my news online...But I loved the creative photo!
All the best to you and yours.
 
I certainly identify with pill-taking, but I have a set-up with 31 containers each with four compartments. There is also an alarm clock with a voice that says the time and a reminder to take the pills. It is called the MedCenter System and you can find it on Amazon. I spent about fifty dollars for it, but the money was well-worth it. I seldom miss taking my pills now and the peace of mind is great. Besides I have grown fond of the voice that nags me four times a day. I call her Melba ! I once had an "in charge" friend with that name. LOL
 
Oh Millie, I so hate taking pills! But I know it's silly! I thought your last story was wonderful, not funny but wonderful. Getting out and about as long as one can, whatever way one can is just the right thing to do!
I love to read your posts ;)
 
Ah, so THAT is the secret as to why MY time just passes so quickly I can barely keep up. It has to do with living in Florida!
AND I SO agree.....they might have walkers, but at least they're getting out and about. And that's what's important.
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net
 
My name is Meg Ashworth and I am currently working on the marketing campaign for Denise Jackson's (wife of Alan Jackson) new book It's All About Him: Finding the Love of My Life. This winter, this book and its message has been seen in Country Weekly Magazine, Country Music People, Christianity Today, Today's Christian Woman, Christian Reader among others. This book holds a powerful message about the restoration of marriage and is igniting discussion everywhere about the power of love.

I am sharing all of this with you because you are the creator of a strong and popular blog and you truly stand as a source of inspiration for women and marriages.

I would love to send you a complimentary copy of It's All About Him, in hopes that you would first enjoy the book, and secondly champion the message on your site and open up the channels of discussion. In addition, if you would like, we can send you banner ads or free copies of the book to give away on your site.

I would be happy to answer any questions as well as provide any details about the book and Jackson's message. Thank you for the time and if you would indeed enjoy a copy, please reply with your mailing address.

Sincerely,
Meg Ashworth
 
Hey girls Oprah Winfrey did a show recently on work from home jobs, here is a couple companies that were suggested on the show as legit. http://www.thelegitonlinejobs.com and I also found a couple blogs for there sites so you can see what other people have to say http://thelegitonlinejobss.blogspot.com , I tried http://www.thelegitonlinejobs.com and they work great, I made $731.92 dollars my first week. i just had to brag to someone . good luck
 
I don't know about you Millie, but I dislike it immensely when people latch on to my personal blog to promote their own agenda such as a book that they want to sell or how to work out of the home. Obiviously neither of the women who commented on your blog have REALLY taken time to read it.
 
maria

You are so right. Those people just advantage of the blog readers and don't even read the blog.

And it gets them "no where!"
 
Im a single mom, so i dont have time for working out, so a couple weeks ago i was watching an Oprah Winfrey rerun ,and Beyonce' said she used this diet to loose weight for the movie Dreamgirls. so i looked up the site and there she was on the front page taking about it, i 've been on it 5 days and i have lost 8lbs so far (with no excercise). so when in doubt you should do what the smart stars do..hope this helps.http://themastercleansesecrets.com
 
Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger