Sunday, January 02, 2011
 
I CAN SEE THE HANDWRITING ON THE WALL
First off - Wishing you and yours a "Very Happy New Year!

She's Melting! Copley Square First Night Ice Sculpture in 60 Degrees

It's been less than a month since I arrived in Florida, everything is in it's place, the house is well stocked but there is one thing that is not in it's place.

There is very little routine here - the only thing that I know for sure is, Mah Jongg on Monday afternoons.

I had planned on spending a leisure afternoon at the pool (the sun is finally shining) but I received an invitation to join some dear friends for a late lunch (or call it a very early dinner) at the Sweet Tomatoes.

Backyard Farms Tomatoes

They are known for their soups, salads and bakery. How could I say no to that.

The place is so popular that if you arrive for lunch at 12:00 you could have a very long wait and if you arrive for dinner at 5:00 you could have a very long wait.

That's why I'll be picked up at 3:00. That's the way it is in Florida. I don't know if there is any other place in the country where you have to think ahead like that!!

I'm squeezing in this post before I take off for the day. My usual routine is to make a post every Sunday and I've been doing that for the past seven years.

As I said earlier, it's hard to have a routine here in Florida so as of 2011 I'll still be posting but not on a regular basis. When the spirit moves me or I have something special to post about I'll do my thing.

I'll see how it goes!


Comments:
Post any time you want, Millie and I'll be happy to read it!!!!
 
Millie, that sounds like a great routine. Since I'm an early bird dinner eater, I love that you are being picked up for dinner at 3.
 
What Kay said - but I'll miss you if you don't post!

We have a Sweet Tomatoes here, and I haven't been there in years. I think I need to go back.
 
WHAT WILL I LOOK FORWARD EVERY MONDAY MORNING?????? ANY IDEAS????

LISA COLLINS
 
Do whatever works for you. Enjoy life and 2011. :-)
 
Oh, I hope you post relatively often. I just found your blog and I love it. Dianne
 
Hi Millie!

I just came across your blog through a friends blog and just wanted to say thank you. I love your cheerful and optimistic approach to life (and the products we struggle to open). You have a beautiful smile and a warm heart that radiate through your blogs and videos.

Happy New Year and hope you have a wonderful winter in FL!

Maggie Tzakos
Asheville, NC
 
Happy belated New Year. I am late because life interfered with blogging for awhile and I am just returning to see what my blogging friends have been up to.

I love Sweet Tomatoes. We have one here and they are in California. I think it's sun belt chain.

Glad to see your back in your winter home.
 
Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger