Sunday, January 02, 2011
First off - Wishing you and yours a "Very Happy New Year!

She's Melting! Copley Square First Night Ice Sculpture in 60 Degrees

It's been less than a month since I arrived in Florida, everything is in it's place, the house is well stocked but there is one thing that is not in it's place.

There is very little routine here - the only thing that I know for sure is, Mah Jongg on Monday afternoons.

I had planned on spending a leisure afternoon at the pool (the sun is finally shining) but I received an invitation to join some dear friends for a late lunch (or call it a very early dinner) at the Sweet Tomatoes.

Backyard Farms Tomatoes

They are known for their soups, salads and bakery. How could I say no to that.

The place is so popular that if you arrive for lunch at 12:00 you could have a very long wait and if you arrive for dinner at 5:00 you could have a very long wait.

That's why I'll be picked up at 3:00. That's the way it is in Florida. I don't know if there is any other place in the country where you have to think ahead like that!!

I'm squeezing in this post before I take off for the day. My usual routine is to make a post every Sunday and I've been doing that for the past seven years.

As I said earlier, it's hard to have a routine here in Florida so as of 2011 I'll still be posting but not on a regular basis. When the spirit moves me or I have something special to post about I'll do my thing.

I'll see how it goes!

Post any time you want, Millie and I'll be happy to read it!!!!
Millie, that sounds like a great routine. Since I'm an early bird dinner eater, I love that you are being picked up for dinner at 3.
What Kay said - but I'll miss you if you don't post!

We have a Sweet Tomatoes here, and I haven't been there in years. I think I need to go back.

Do whatever works for you. Enjoy life and 2011. :-)
Oh, I hope you post relatively often. I just found your blog and I love it. Dianne
Hi Millie!

I just came across your blog through a friends blog and just wanted to say thank you. I love your cheerful and optimistic approach to life (and the products we struggle to open). You have a beautiful smile and a warm heart that radiate through your blogs and videos.

Happy New Year and hope you have a wonderful winter in FL!

Maggie Tzakos
Asheville, NC
Happy belated New Year. I am late because life interfered with blogging for awhile and I am just returning to see what my blogging friends have been up to.

I love Sweet Tomatoes. We have one here and they are in California. I think it's sun belt chain.

Glad to see your back in your winter home.
What an exciting experience!/Hilarious! Delightful! True!/wonderful stuff! thank you!

Modern Art
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger